Speaking at a press conference in Moscow, McGregor – who once again announced his retirement earlier this year – said he will fight again at T-Mobile Arena in 12 weeks’ time, though his opponent has yet to be officially confirmed.
“I would like to announce to the public the return of the notorious Conor McGregor will take place on January 18 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada,” he said.
“That is my comeback fight. It is 12 weeks this Saturday. I’m in prime physical condition, I have agreed the date with the company.
“As far as the opponent, I have the opponent’s name, but for me, the game I am in, and from experience, if I was to give you people the name which I would love to do, I know the UFC would flip it, because they are a crafty company.
“Ask the UFC who the opponent is, because I do not give a f*** who the opponent is.”
McGregor went on to confirm that January 18 would be the ‘beginning of his season’ as he hopes to take on the winner of next month’s UFC 244 welterweight showdown between old rival Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal for the ‘bad m***********’ title.
After a potential trilogy fight with Diaz, he then intends to seek a Moscow bout with the winner of the highly-anticipated contest between Tony Ferguson and McGregor’s arch-nemesis Khabib Nurmagomedov, which is expected to happen in April.
“That [Nurmagomedov] is the bout we want,” he added. “We want this bout in Moscow. The people of Russia deserve this bout to take place, the people of the world deserve this bout to take place.
“It is an inevitable rematch, it is a rematch that I will come in sharp, fresh. I will have no injuries, I will have no alcohol, I will have no outside influences. I will be fully focused.
“Exactly what the people deserve, exactly what the fans deserve. We will settle it once and for all.”
Former featherweight and lightweight champion McGregor’s last fight came against Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 in Las Vegas in October 2018, with ‘The Eagle’ successfully submitting his opponent before a huge brawl broke out.