Yaqui for Borderland Beat from: palconoticias y kfed.net
A Spanish woman kidnapped in Playa del Carmen lived a five-hour nightmare with her captors.
For more than five hours the Spanish tourist kidnapped the Sunday morning while traveling aboard a public transport unit in Playa del Carmen remained in the hands of her captor.
The young woman lived a real nightmare in those hours because she was repeatedly raped and her captor continually changed taxis to commit robberies in various establishments.
The Spanish tourist was taken hostage on Sunday during an assault on a public passenger transport van , known as a Combi, between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, in the state of Quintana Roo. The young woman, 26 years old and originally from Leon, Spain, was kidnapped by the thief but subsequently released, as confirmed by local authorities.
According to data collected, the public transport unit left from Cancun and a man with a backpack climbed up from a stop, he then took out a long gun and threatened the passengers with assault for the purpose of robbery.
While the unit continued its journey to Playa de Carmen, in the municipality of Solidaridad, the man stripped the passengers of their belongings and at one point along the way ordered the driver to return to Cancun.
Already on the way back, the assailant ordered the operator to stop on the federal highway, but at the time of descent he took the Spanish woman tourist hostage and took her into the undergrowth.
The kidnappers dragged her to an area where he sexually abused her repeatedly, without anyone being able to help her.
The young woman was finally abandoned in the vicinity of Supermanzana 236, very close to Rancho Viejo, in this municipality.
During the search and rescue operation of the Spanish tourist, a helicopter from the Secretariat of the Navy was used. The young woman was traveling in the company of a 29-year-old youth, also Spanish, identified as Juan ‘N’.
According to the passengers and the driver, the assailant was a man of thin build, approximately 1.50 meters high , wearing green vest with reflectors, red shorts and a navy blue backpack and carried a long gun.
The driver said the assailant threatened him with a long gun and demanded that the passengers hand over everything they carried with them. After passing a police security checkpoint, the driver was forced to stop the vehicle and let the asssailant off in the company of the young woman. Streets later, the woman’s companion Juan, got out of the van to try to locate her and reported her missing.
Police reports indicate that shortly after noon it was announced that the Spanish tourist had been located in Cancun, looked in good health and was waiting for a medical checkup. For its part, consular sources told the news agency Efe that the case had already been referred to the Embassy of Spain in Mexico City and is being given timely follow – up.
Although the woman first indicated that she took advantage of a distraction of her captor to flee and ask for help, in her statement to the authorities she indicated that she was abandoned on a vacant lot of 236, where she asked for help from police officers who were on a patrol.
The agents, who knew of the search operation that had begun, informed the Ministerial Police that the young woman had been located alive.
The tourist confirmed that she was raped multiple times in a vacant lot and claimed to have changed taxis several times, and that during the tour her captor committed robberies to several shops in Cancun.
In fact, she explained that the last of the robberies she witnessed was committed in a butcher shop in Region 236, after which she was abandoned.
After the report of the incident, the “code red” , the maximum security protocol, was implemented in the municipalities of Solidaridad, Puerto Morelos and Benito Juarez, in which institutions such as the Secretary of the Navy, the National Guard, the Federal Police and state and local corporations were involved.
The young woman was transferred to the premises of the Attorney General of Quintana Roo in the city to make a statement to the authorities . Through the Twitter network, the head of the State Secretariat of Public Security of Quintana Roo, Alberto Capella, confirmed the facts.
“We had an assault on public passenger transport in which a tourist is deprived of liberty. Local and federal corporations implemented a search operation. The victim has been released in good health and we continue to be responsible for this case, ” the official wrote. So far the criminal has not been arrested nor has his identity been specified.