U.S. issues level two travel alert for Chihuahua due to increased criminal activity
It was reported that U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the city of Chihuahua until further notice.
Through the website of the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Mexico, it was reported that due to the marked increase in security incidents in the city of Chihuahua, U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the City of Chihuahua until new notice.
Security Alert: Increase in criminal activity in the City of Chihuahua
Consulate General of the United States (November 8, 2019)
Place: Chihuahua, Chihuahua Mexico
Event: Due to the marked increase in security incidents in the city of Chihuahua, US government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the city of Chihuahua until further notice.
The US Consulate will monitor the situation and update the Travel Notice .
Actions to take:
· Avoid traveling to Chihuahua City right now.
· The Travel Notice will be updated with this information.
· Call 911 for police assistance or emergency
· Stay alert to your surroundings
· Monitor local media for the latest information
· Prepare to take alternate routes between your home and workplace or places you visit frequently.
· Sign up for the State Department program called Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages.
· Contact the US Consulate or Embassy if you require assistance
US Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez
Paseo de la Victoria # 3650, Fracc. Senecu Party
City Juarez Chihuahua
State Department’s Travel Advisory for Mexico